Looking to round out your experience in the events marketing industry? And are actively working towards a post-secondary education with a concentration Event logistics and planning? We want to hear from you!
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Assist with the pre-planning of various events for YHE clients, administrative support and assist with new business developments for the company as required (e.g. proposals, research, etc).
- Attend client meetings, conference calls, weekly status reports, daily database updates (on necessary projects)
- Tasks include, but are not limited to: office administrative tasks, venue sourcing, supplier sourcing, booking & liaison, research, create & update budgets, critical paths & production schedules, coordinate shipping, manage on-line registrations, post-event follow-ups, design mockups, contribute to idea boards, reporting, final budget posting, on-site event execution and travel as required.
- General admin task in the office
- Provide service based on tasks assigned. Tasks to be completed within a 9am-5:30pm window, on-site (36 Distillery Lane, Suite 220), Mon-Fri, as required, with the option to provide on-site event support to maximize optimal learning.
- Some education in Events and Marketing
- Actively working towards a post-secondary education with a concentration Event logistics and planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Well-versed in main social media outlets (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Creative Skills (use of Photoshop is an asset but not required)
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Attention to detail and strong execution skill
- Highly motivated
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines
- Good analytical thinking
- On-site event experience is an asset
- Must provide their own laptop
WHAT THE CANDIDATE WILL LEARN:
- Candidates will gain insight and build experience in marketing and creative services. They will also learn and assist with the creation of RFP pitch decks, concept development, strategizing, event production, and post-event analysis.
- The candidate will learn about the various role and tasks required to execute an event (whether it be a gala, conference or brand ambassador activation).
- Manage relationships; coordinate and communicate with clients and vendors.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.